Sunday, June 21, 2015

Klimt

The first work that I saw of him was “The Kiss” and immediately I fall in love with him. Klimt was a symbolist painter, he born in Vienna and he study in there.
Women are topic of his paintings, bread of gold was used for Klimt for paint -You can see this in every painting of him- and this made his work was magnificent. The people described the art of Klimt was “erotic” and the bourgeoisie felt attracted but he was never famous in live.

I chose Klimt because, he’s a “teacher” or something like that, he influence my work about the girls, the beauty, poses and the chaos with bread of gold. I feel lost myself when I see any painting of Klimt, it’s weird but small details makes me think: “This guy work like a japonese and I complain for simple work.”

The past year I used to reference The Kiss for my exam, I made a quote painting with my boyfriend and me. The exercises was made a new tender with a famous painting using colors, clothes, poses, atmosphere I chose use the pose, was really fun and emotional because I tried to be as the artist I admire, I can never be like him, but it motivated me to keep improving my work.




No comments:

Post a Comment